Since You’ve Been Gone
Hi internet. Long time no see. Seems like summer is the time of no blogging for Joel A.
Here’s what I’ve been up to since I last posted:
- Sat 7 exams in 14 days. That’s an experience I never want to go through and thankfully probably won’t have to. Seeing I passed 3rd year and all.
- Moved out of the house we’ve been living in since we were married (four and a half years), put all of our stuff into storage and moved into my old bedroom at my parents place.
- Spent six weeks travelling around Europe.
- Was quoted in an article by one of my college lecturers. Normally it’s the other way around with me quoting them.
- Got home from Europe and moved into our new apartment and into the Moore College community at Croydon Park.
- Fell ill with a really bad case of influenza. The kind where the doctor has to stop and think before deciding whether to send you home or to the hospital. That was… fun.
So here we are. Pop Culture Christ is back for 2010.
Here’s what the year looks like for me so far:
- Sticking at St Luke’s Liverpool for another year. I really do love it out there.
- Studying my fourth and final year at Moore College.
- Every thing else is up for grabs.
What I’d really like to do this year is visit some youth groups around the place so I can see how different people do different things. If you run a youth ministry in Sydney, especially if it’s on a Friday night, get in contact with me! I’d love to come visit.
I’m also free for speaking opportunities. If you’re looking for someone to speak at your youth group or youth camp, get in contact with me. I’d also be up for running seminars on Christianity and Pop Culture or anything else you can cook up.
On Pop Culture Christ there will be the usual reviews of movies, books, comics, TV, and music. If there’s something in particular you’d like to see reviewed, let me know in the comics. All suggestions welcome.
Haven’t seen it yet. Are people over Avatar reviews?
I watched it twice and it was even better the 2nd time, not so much about the story but the special effects. Need I say more. The 3D and CGI special effect are certainly worth every $19 it cost to see.
The glasses are returned and repackaged though and they are not allowed to be cleaned as when touched the ‘3D film’ comes off.